Selection of Songs: These pages contain 339 songs written or co-written by Ray Davies and performed by The Kinks or by Ray Davies solo.
The discography stems from Wikipedia and from Dave Emlen's Unofficial Kinks website "kinks.it.rit.edu" (now closed). Dave Emlen in turn refers to Doug Hinman's book "You Really Got Me: An Illustrated World Discography of the Kinks, 1964-1993".
Sources of Lyrics: The lyrics stem from four websites that are all later closed:
- Dave Emlen's unofficial Kinks website "kinks.it.rit.edu", incl. copyright notes
- www.metrolyrics.com, incl. copyright notes
Words not indexed: In the index I omitted these 125 common words: the, And, you, I, a, To, in, my, of, All, me, it, on, that, is, But, I'm, your, be, so, we, It's, for, got, no, now, don't, just, are, he, Oh, They, up, like, out, know, get, when, can, day, What, at, with, this, Time, was, away, go, life, down, see, can't, you're, she, If, do, He's, want, man, way, world, have, gotta, his, gonna, little, love, where, by, I've, From, There, her, say, not, come, people, Or, will, as, back, never, one, make, over, take, look, there's, I'll, too, yeah, were, think, only, home, long, well, Then, feel, right, about, an, big, don, ever, every, eyes, friends, good, less, made, mind, more, Mrs., Music, need, off, re, said, some, through, us, who, won
Omitted songs: Four kinds of songs are omitted:
- Songs written by Dave Davies: I Am Free, Love Me Till the Sun Shines, Funny Face, Strangers, Rats, You Don't Know My Name, There Is No Life Without Love, This Man He Weeps Tonight, Trust Your Heart, Living On A Thin Line, Guilty, Rock 'n' Roll Cities, When You were a Child, Dear Margaret, Close to the Wire, Mindless Child Of Motherhood
- Songs written by others: Anderson, West: "Naggin' Woman", Benny Davis, H. Akst: "Baby Face", Chuck Berry: "Beautiful Delilah", Chuck Berry: "Too Much Monkey Business", E. McDaniel: "Cadillac", Gaye, Stevenson, Hunter: "Dancing in the Street", Herb Abramson, Don Covay: "Long Tall Shorty", J. Miller: "I'm a Lover Not a Fighter", J. Moore: "Got Love If You Want It", L. Holofcener, G.D. Weiss, J.L. Bock: "Mr. Wonderful", Cole Porter: "You Do Something To Me", Richard Berry: "Louie, Louie", Skeeter Davis: "I'm a Lover Not a Fighter", John Estes: "Milk Cow Blues", Harold Arlen: "That Old Black Magic"
- Instrumentals by Ray Davies: "Revenge" (with Larry Page, 1964), six tracks on "Percy", etc.
- Songs not found: "Angola (Wrong Side of the Law)" and "I, The Victim", both from a version of Working Man's Café, 2007
Further details: see also www.davedavies.com.